Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2016

Pins and Needles

Ok, go with me with this title, it'll soon become clear!

(Also, a mini warning as I have used one sentence that may be a little graphic so sorry in advance)

So I know you shouldn't wait for it but a shock of reality hit me this weekend. As you may or may not know, I've been trying on and off since January to get back into WW since being on 'Maternity Leave' from it (!) but life has thrown me so many obstacles. I've been on and off the 'Weight Watchers Wagon' for what seems forever. I mean, if you buy the magazines, have a few good days and then eat it all back on again then you still loose weight. Right?... Oh and when life chucks those bad times in, it's fine to mess all that progress up again? Hello! Emma! Wake up! NO!

So that was it. My body had had enough of all my bad and rubbish that I was putting into it. So....
This weekend after a really really bad week of food my body caved in and has either given me awful food poisoning or something worse. Thanks body! Great timing as my first real Mother's Day. (Yes, I know, Baby O was around for the last one, but I had just spent a week in hospital with him. My lovely beautiful baby was very seriously ill. My head was everywhere and Mother's Day felt just like another day, although a day where I could show off how my precious bundle was so strong and was on the road to recovery.

So, whilst with my head down the loo this weekend (told you it was a little graphic) I swore to myself that I will get back on track with WW. I never wanted to put my body through what it was going through ever again.

So here it is. My pledge to myself. (Yes, selfish time here, but it's not just for me that I need to loose the weight. I don't want to be 'that Mum' that Baby O is embarrassed of. I want to be a healthy example to my little boy. Show him how life can be lived. Life lived to the full.) Anyway, back to it....
I swear to stick to WW no matter what life throws at me.

There said it.

So now after a weekend of eating basically nothing, a line under it has been drawn and I shall get back on track. I've gone through my old Instagram pics (@missemm4) and spurred myself on. I'm also back on here. This blog writing stuff helped me so much. It stopped me picking up food in my spare time and made me write instead! It's also a space to be honest with myself and whoever seems to read it.

Honesty and reality status. Done!

So just like when we get pins and needles in our legs.... Your legs go dead. Then you feel them again. You know you're standing but you can't quite believe it. But then you need to take a step. You don't think you can do it. You don't think it's possible. But you know it's possible. You just need to take the first step.

Speak soon! Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment