Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2014

I'm not fat..... I'm pregnant!!!

So before I do my usual catch up I have one BIG announcement to make......



Yes, you read that correctly, I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!!!

After weeks and weeks of me sticking to plan and getting annoyed with myself as to why I wasn't loosing much, last week we found out that I have been growing a little Baby O in my tummy!!!

I went along to my GP surgery just to get a check up following all my testing I have been having for Cervical cancer and my PCOS.... 

She told me she couldn't do anything until I had done a pregnancy test to prove that I wasn't pregnant. To which I was adamant that I wasn't, so much so I even booked a follow up appointment the next week to review the results and get my PCOS under control.

However, 2 days later I got a phone call from my GP asking me to call back. I got rather worried as I thought it might have been to do with my other results, but as she had called me during a time that was out of hours and I was getting more and more anxious. So, one of my colleagues made me go and do a new urine sample to do a pregnancy test to start with. As soon as I put the test into the pot it came out straight away that I was pregnant!!!

So then my life kind of turned upside down and in shock!! (It still hasn't even settled down)

Now this was mainly due to several things, but after being told when I was younger that I would have fertility issues and would find having a baby difficult, this put me in even more shock!

I then started to worry about what I had eaten and where I had been (as I work in radiology this got me even more anxious) but as everyone reassured me, I have been living a healthy lifestyle (thanks to Weight Watchers) and only time will tell with the little one inside me.

So I had to have a sneaky peak at the baby to check it was all real. 

And then, there it was, somersaulting showing off it's strong heart beat and giving a real good show to me that 'Mummy, I'm here and I'm OK.'


That journey home that night felt like the longest 20 minutes ever! However, when I finally did get home to tell Mr O, he didn't believe me! I even showed him the stick and he thought it was fake!!

Luckily as I kept my appointment with my GP, she confirmed with me that I was healthy and that the baby looked healthy. But, as you could tell we were all wondering how far gone I was!! As you can see it looks pretty big in the picture above! So my GP sent me for an urgent dating scan......

To finally reveal that I was over 11 weeks and that Baby O would be due in Feb.


I decided to tell family members like this.....


But I searched and searched for ways and ideas to tell everyone else like this.....

  

I even wanted to do this.... 


But Mr O said NO! :(

So, we decided to join some nice words together and just post a picture of the scan.

So, I now have the real guessing time of where to go with this blog..... I have decided that I will definitely be making a return back to WW as soon as I can to a) loose the baby weight and b) get me loosing more as I know I still had a way to go. And I know it's all thanks to me loosing weight through WW that I have managed to grow Baby O....

But for now I think I will just keep blogging about my day-to-day life, any new recipes I try and any yummy food I eat. I obviously am not allowed to follow WW anymore but I have decided to just keep eating healthy and stick to WW friendly meals as I know that will help me not to over-eat!

So after all that fun and excitement, let me back track a little........

Whilst up in London the other week with my MIL, we just had to stop and take this photo, this was a whole group of people going past on roller blades and skating along to music. There were streams and streams of them!


Some of my meals (WW friendly and all pointed!)

 



I've enjoyed some time at my Mums and Dad's house and sitting out in the garden whilst eating yummy food.


I collected my first 'Baby freebies'...


Oh, and Happy Birthday to my little cousin who was 4 last Sunday! He is seriously a little cheeky monkey!


So, as always, I say hope you have a lovely week. And let me know where you think this blog should go.....

Love, Mrs O x



No comments:

Post a Comment