Search This Blog

Saturday 21 December 2013

... Back to the old ...

I wrote this last week and forgot to post it! So here it is.....

As I said in my last post I feel that all I write about at the moment is my weight! So I am currently sitting down with my old 'Mrs O' hat on....

This last week I have had a lovely fun-packed week being spent with friends and family.

As you will already know, Mr O & I hosted a lovely fun Christmas-themed party for a bunch of friends. We had so many laughs about lots of different things. One thing I love about these friends are that they have all come into my friendship circle thanks to Mrs O. Don't you love that about relationships? You get to meet and build friendships with others you thought you never would have...

Unfortunately I didn't manage to take any photos of the night - maybe I was just enjoying it all too much?! However, in the run up to the party, Mr O and I (yes, that's right, Mr O too!!) got creative. Not only did we make the invitations ourselves, but we also made crackers. gingerbread men and decorated them as a party bag-esk item and ice cream (ok, the latter too I did but Mr O cooked everything from scratch)



View photo 2.JPG in slide showView photo 3.JPG in slide showView photo 4.JPG in slide show

Monday night then found me travelling around the M25 back to my home shire to see my family. Mum and Dad had to go out carolling so my youngest sister and I went round and visited my Nana. We always have lots of giggles with my Nana. She's a lady who says she's 58 as she says that her and her friends switch the numbers around when they get past a certain age. She comes out with the most hilarious stories and comments. Lil Sis and I just wanted to film the whole thing as it would be funny for all to see. We even played a little prank on her too - which she loved!





Mr O and I decided to take Wednesday off work. Originally it was planned to take it off so we could go Christmas shopping, but we luckily have already sorted or bought all the presents this year. Our halos are shining! So instead we decided to spend the day up in London. But in our true fashion, we slept in until 10am! So we decided to have a lazy-ish start and to have a lovely cooked breakfast and then head out and up to London.

Here is my OOTD for Wednesday:


First stop was to Borough Market. Last minute we decided to call my Dad and see if he wanted to meet up with us for a coffee - he works round the corner from there - so we did. We had a lovely look around, didn't spend too much money, but spent most of the time looking at the amazing displays of food and being amazed at how cheap the food actually was! Just look at some of the displays...

View photo 1.JPG in slide show
 


 


Just so you know, we didn't buy much, in fact I think all we bought were coffees and a punnet of grapes.

We then headed off on a walk heading towards the South Bank. We stopped on the way for a lovely meal at Pizza Express - check out the massive salad I had and the amazing view!

 
So to work off the lovely big meal we decided to continue our walk over the Millennium bridge and over to St Pauls. ~ For any of you who don't know London this is the famous bridge that sways. ~
Of course we had to stop for a selfie but I also managed to capture this amazing picture. I felt like singing 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner'!!

View photo 3.JPG in slide show
 

We then hopped back on the underground and went for a walk through Regents Street, Carnaby Street and then along Oxford Street.


We did the 'Christmas thing' of going into Selfridges, trying out different things and bumping into this famous old man...

View photo.JPG in slide show

Oh and I found my new dolls house... hahaha



We then headed onto M&S to find a jacket for me as Mr O is still on a hunt for a Christmas pressie for me! I then randomly spotted this amazing jacket :


I know, I know, it does look a little tight but it is my 'new size' and this would be a spring jacket and so hopefully by then it will fit perfectly!

We got a random phone call from one of my besties - Mr Ding Dong himself - so we decided to take a hop skip and a jump onto a bus and went to Winter Wonderland. And my word did it make me feel like I was a big kid again. We went on rides, had hot chocolates and mince pies in the VIP suite, froze our bottoms off in the Magical Ice Kingdom and got completely lost in the mirror maze. Not laughed like that in a long time!! Here are some of the pictures....







View photo 3.JPG in slide show
 

 

And to end the week off I tried out some new recipes - Weight watchers Chicken and Broccoli Bake with a crusty cheese topping and I also made up a new recipe of fake peanut butter ice cream ... I will post about the ice cream once I have tried and perfected it.

View photo 2.JPG in slide show          View photo 3.JPG in slide show
 
View photo 1.JPG in slide show

So tonight I plan on doing some more Christmas present crafts - which will all be revealed in the new year! A night by the sewing machine.....

Hope you've all had a lovely week.

Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment