Search This Blog

Saturday 1 March 2014

CATCH UP!

I saw this picture the other week and I it was the complete opposite to how I was currently feeling..... 


I haven't had a moment to spare to sit and write, but for once it's a good thing and a good feeling as my life has just been so fun! So this week's post is a catch up on the last few weeks and you'll see why I haven't been able to blog....

I had a lovely evening out with Mr O, Mr Ding Dong and his friend Emma ...

I fell in love with this... (but I can't find the packets anywhere only in £1 land....)

As usual I took photos of some yummy food that I ate.....



In sad news, I had to say goodbye to my favourite pair of PJ bottoms... I quite literally put my foot through them!...

Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th February ...

This weekend I spent the week up in sunny (yes, it really was sunny!) Glasgow... I was away this weekend with the Staff Songsters, I tried to keep to WW but it was really hard. So, I had decided to just try my best over the next week and that when I got back from my time off work I would start afresh on WW....

I did very stupidly manage to leave my shirts back at home, so I luckily managed to borrow a few shirts of my Mum's but they were rather big on me...... !!

Monday 17th to Friday 21st February ...

So on the Monday I travelled down to Bournemouth and met Mr Ding Dong along the way... 


Tuesday's outfit.... (hahahaaa! I'm such a poser!!)

(very annoyingly this dress has now shrunk in the wash :( )

And what week to TYC would be complete without a Shakeaway?!.... So I decided to have one very naughty shake called a Dave which is made up of ferrero rochiers and kinder buenos.... ummmmmm. I decided to go for a medium though and that was my only one for the week....


My inner child came out in me on the Wednesday when we spent an afternoon learning how to take notes by doodling... It also reminded me of how much I love pens! Especially Sharpies!!

  

All us staff members were given a little spot dot sticker to put on our little fingers to remind us of one of the students for that day and to remind us to pray for them all day too.

On the Thursday we decided to have a Christmas evening...... Why? Because you can! The Christmas tree and everything was up! 


The randomness also continued on that night when we all changed into our onesies....


(This is my lovely friend who I am so proud of :) Love you hun x)

And on the Friday we had the final festival - my 'cool group' wanted a picture of all our shoes... looks like I need to get myself some converses!!! (I'm the one with the full length boots!!)


And after the long tiring week I had to drive back home which took us over 3 hours to get back thanks to silly road works on the M25 :( But luckily I had my bestie beside me to keep me awake as we chatted about life and our reflections on the week.


This song is the song that spoke to me the most. On the Thursday night after the 'emotional devotionals' we all stood around the room singing this song. It was lovely to see the confidence on the faces of everyone as people were hugging each other and just being there for each other. (Thanks Len for this beautiful song)


So, when I came home on the Friday night the place hadn't burnt down but there were daffodils on all the window sills at home :) However I did find some burnt items which were these lids that had been melted together as they were by the hob (at least it shows that he didn't live off take aways all week!)


So I have to admit something here... I weighed myself on the Saturday morning only to find that I had put weight on ... but it's OK because I knew I had put weight on as I had not stuck to plan at all!! So we decided to enjoy our food that weekend... 

We had a lovely lunch out at our local farm shop / cafe ....


Mr O made some lovely focaccia bread... 



And as you can see in the corner of that last photo I get my chef's hat on and started preparing food for the week... 

So I made a lovely butternut squash and red pepper soup, and I also made this lovely banana bread as I had bananas to use up.... Recipe to follow but it's only 5pp per slice :)


I then chopped it all up into 12 sections (kept some out to eat that day) and then popped it in the freezer so I couldn't eat it all in one go....


So this last week I have been enjoying being back on WW as much as I can - I need to build up the 'good habit' inside of me though... I know it takes 2 weeks for it turn into a habit so I am really pushing myself on it... 

I'm trying out new ways of enjoying my breakfast...


 I'm still keeping my lunch box prepared the night before so that there are no excuses!


Still loving the jelly - but experimenting by putting unusual fruits in with it...


Enjoying cooking dinners again :) I've missed this whilst I've been staying in hotels 


And lastly ... coming home to these two silly boys and finding out that they have had a right old party without me each day! 


So, now lent is upon us.... What are you going to give up or take up? Mr O and I have decided to give up take aways - we can eat out but we can't eat on the go or bring it back to our home.... 

Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment