Search This Blog

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year! (Week 15)

Firstly I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year! 

(Here's me with one of my lovely, glamorous Ding Dong besties on NYE)
 

Secondly I would like to announce something that nearly made me faint and shocked Mr O - before you ask, no! I am not pregnant! BUT somehow I managed to LOOSE 2lbs over Christmas. 

I really don't know how I managed it. I had the full on Christmas dinner & buffet tea on Christmas Day and then the same again on Boxing Day. But the worst part was the desserts - I even had several helpings of my mother in laws desserts which are amazing but FULL of naughty stuff. I didn't bother pointing Christmas and Boxing Day. But the worst is still to come.... On the Sunday we went out to celebrate my little sister's 18th birthday and where did we go?... For a curry. AND I had all the trimmings - rice and a naan! So when I stepped on the scales you can imagine why I nearly fainted! 

So my total loss on weight watchers is now 20lbs :) 

However, I found some paperwork from this time last year when I was a test patient at work and I weighed 15 stone. I can now proudly say that I weigh 13.2 stone. I am now 1lb off getting to my 10% goal, which is something that weightwatchers sets you. 

I have also set out myself some new goals which the first one is to loose 13lbs by the time of my sisters wedding - as you all know this was one of my main reasons to loose the weight. That works out as 1lb a week which is a nice, slow and healthy way to loose the fat! 

Now any of you who are following the 'Weight Watchers' lifestyle will know that they have started the new Simple Start approach which is exactly what it is. It is a way to slowly introduce people to a healthier and more filling way of eating and then to slowly introduce you to the pointing system. As I have already been doing Weight Watchers for the past 15 weeks I had decided not to start this as I know that the points system is already working and I already know a lot about it. 

I also took the Christmas break as a time of reflection of this past year for myself. My health still may not be good - I am still awaiting results from the hospital (they are in but have told me I can't have them yet until the Doctor has gone through them and decided on my care plan ANNNOOOYYYYING!!!) - but my weight loss has helped me focus on some positives..... Look at this for an example.... 


It also made me reflect on how important Mr O is to me. He has been my rock and shoulder to cry on this last year. He's been the person to cheer me up when I've not been well or had a really rubbish day. Plus his cuddles aren't too bad either!



So as many people decide on New Years resolutions, I've not decided to make any this year but to just keep going as I am as I feel that the way I live at the moment 'ain't too bad! 

One of my lovely Christmas pressies this year was a blender. So on Monday I decided to completely gut the kitchen, pulling everything out, checking best before dates and cleaning everything. This is also because Mr O got a Nespresso machine for Christmas. Then, on NYD I made and enjoyed my first smoothie......

I made it up of a kiwi, a banana, a handful of frozen mango and a swish of water (all 0pp on weight watchers)...



I then enjoyed it with a 2 slices of weight watchers toast and a tea spoon of nutella. Which resulted in a yummy 3pp breakfast. 

Have any of you made any New Years resolutions? Or have you received any useful everyday gifts?....

Happy New Year and here's to a fabulous 2014 :)

Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment