Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 May 2013

... Another catch up! ...

Sorry for the delay in writing this post. Just so you know, I'm currently sat here at the computer with a box of tissues within a hands reach - I've caught the lurgy from a fellow colleague! Thank hun! I thought I had prevented it all week with the amount of alcohol wipes and alcohol gel that I used!! Oh well... my eyes will just bulge out any minute and my head will explode!! I feel more sorry for my patients as I look a state!!! SOOO not professional.

Anyway, I have had an up and down week with my cooking ... all will be explained

On Thursday I made the lovely mince and bean pie ( http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/534023/mince-bean-and-mash-pie ) It was easy to make, just took a lot of time. However, it was scrummy and only 352 calories per portion. This recipe makes 6 and so it lasted us for both Thursday and Friday. On the Thursday I gave Jeremy 2 portions and on the Friday we both had slightly bigger portions - in effect we had 1 1/2 portions each. I had plenty of calories left over for the day luckily so I was able to.


 

All this week I have had for my dessert these AMAZING little finds......




Milky bar icelollys!! They are only 98 Calories per bar and they are sweet enough to keep me going and give me some sugar!!! They were expensive but so worth it!



Sadly, Saturday is where it all went down hill.....

As you know, I am part of the Salvation Army and within that I am part of their Elite choir called 'The International Staff Songsters'. We go around to different churches across the United Kingdom one weekend every month and unfortunately this is where being on a healthy diet is hard to do! You are given gorgeous unhealthy food constantly!!

For our 'welcome meal' we were given a three course dinner. I started off healthy and went for the fruit rather than the pate and mini toast and then I went for the pulled pork and rice for the main. However, the desserts ....... my weakest point EVER in the world.... And look what they gave us.....


SOOOO not healthy and I shouldn't have eaten it but the Devil persuaded me to have it!

I did however, go for the more healthier option and instead of having pizza I went for the packed tea option as I also needed to do some cutting out of little bookmarks that I had made for my prayer meeting and in my packed tea was this yummy little cup cake - it didn't taste like a normal cup cake either, it was more like a cream cheese topping.



No comments:

Post a Comment