Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Surprise! It's Shepherds pie!

Last week I tested Mr O's taste buds.....

I made the following recipe and as it makes 4 it was the perfect thing to just reheat for the next night. 

So after the first serving, I asked Mr O what he thought, to which he told me that I needed to chop the veg more and to add salt and pepper - which I never do as I can't stand the taste of salt! - and then after the 2nd serving on day 2, I asked the same question. To which he said the same as the night before. I then revealed to him that my secret ingredient was quorn and not mince. Of course, he tried to tell me that he could taste it all the time, but he failed to tell me that!

You can find the full recipe here:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=7087422

But I tweaked the recipe to the following ingredients:

500g peeled potatoes
500g peeled butternut squash
2 peeled parsnips
2 peeled carrots
1 onion
300g quorn
1 beef stock cube
1 tbsp corn flour

It was so yummy and looked like this:


(The moustaches are in aid of movember) 

I then tried it out on Tuesday on both my Mum and one of my besties, as well as Mr O. This time I switched the Weight Watcher's ingredient of the vegitable stock cube to a beef stock cube. And they all loved it! So it is definitely a winner and a brilliant low pro point value of only 6pp each serving. Thanks again Weight watchers!

Do any of you have any favourite weight watchers recipes? Any that you would like me to try out?....

Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment